Hi guys! So I have seen this Harry Potter tag going around youtube. It was started by Joey Graceffa (Here is his video), but I came across it on ItsJillStrif‘s channel. I thought it would be fun to answer these questions in a blog post.
1. Favorite Book. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is definitely my favorite! I was 16 when I started reading HP, and at the time, only the first three books were out. I loved the first, and immediately went out and bought the second book. I liked the second but it felt similar to the first. Then I read HP3, and I realized that J.K. Rowling had a plan, and she was going somewhere with this story. It’s what hooked me.
2. Favorite Movie. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is also my favorite movie. I think it is the best film of all eight. I loved all the foreshadowing with the Whomping Willow. I just thought it was the best.
3. Least Favorite Book. This is so difficult. I love all the books. I used to think that Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secrets was my least favorite because it felt similar to HP1. But then you learn the importance of the horcruxes, and you realize the purpose of HP2. So I guess my lease favorite it Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix just because I think it is the saddest. And I also think it could be a little shorter. But even though I say it is my least favorite, it is still one of my favorite books ever!
4. Parts of the books/movies that made you cry. Well, I never cried in any of the movies. I never cry while watching movies. But the books!!!! I cried tons. The first time I really, really cried was in HP5 when Sirius died. I had to wait the full three years between HP4 and HP5. In those three years, I graduated high school and finished my first year of college. I had grown up a lot, and the way I read was different. Does that make sense? I guess what I mean is that in those three years, reading became so much more personal. So when Sirius died, and I had to read Harry’s reaction. That is the first book I ever read that created that kind of reaction in me. And of course I cried in the sixth when Dumbledore died. And I cried bunches in the HP7. But the saddest will always be HP5 for me.
5. If you could hook up with any HP character who would it be? Definitely Ron. I love him. Love him. Although I would hate to get in-between Ron and Hermione.
6. Favorite Character. Umm . . . can I say all of them?
7. What would your patronus be? I’m not really sure. Can I say a dog? Really, I’m not sure. Maybe a sea otter? Of course, I’m just listing my favorite animals here.
8. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, The Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand, which would you choose? Definitely the Invisibility Cloak. The other two have terrible seem more dangerous. I also wouldn’t mind just being invisible sometimes.
9. What house would you be in? As much as I would like to say Gryffindor, I would probably be in Ravenclaw or maybe even Hufflepuff.
10. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be? I think I might like to meet Emma Watson, or Rupert Grint. I would be a bit too nervous to meet someone like Alan Richman or Emma Thompson.
11. Have you played any of the video games? Nope, should I? I have been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, though, which was awesome! Definitely too small for the amount of people there, but It was so much fun. Yummmm for the frozen butterbeer. And the ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was one of the most unique, awesome ride ever!
12. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play? Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t be on the Quidditch team. I’m not really a sports fan.
13. Were you happy with the ending? I was very happy and satisfied with the ending of the books. I can’t really imagine it any other way. I was not happy with the ending of the last movie, particularly the fight scene between Voldermort and Harry at Hogwarts. I didn’t like how they were running through Hogwarts, and then that weird part with their faces.
14. How much does Harry Potter mean to you? I’m not really sure how to answer this question. I love HP! I think they are amazing books. They are definitely some of my favorite books, and I’ve read a lot of books. I can’t think about HP without getting all nostalgic. I also love HP for what it has done for children’s and teen literature!
I would love to hear your answers to these questions in the comments.