Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.
So I thought pointing out some silly names in books would be a fun topic for today’s TTT Freebie. I really don’t want to offend anyone, though, so if you have one of these names, or if you love one (or more) of the names I’ve listed below, please accept my apologies. 🙂
In no particular order . . .
1. Bliss from Losing It by Cora Carmack. This is probably the worst name I’ve ever come across in all the books I’ve read. Bliss!! That is the most ridiculous name ever. Seriously, I can’t imagine what Carmack was thinking, naming her main character this name.
2. Cricket Graham Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I love Cricket. He’s just the most amazing guy. But his name is Cricket! He’s named after an insect! Also, it’s kind of cutesy for my tastes 🙂
3. Echo from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. This is one of my favorite books, and Echo’s name is addressed in the book, but let’s be honest here. It’s outrageous!
4. Kale from Touch by Jus Accardo. What’s next, a character named Carrot? How about Zucchini?
5. Moonflower Freedom Refreshing Breeze Joplin from How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper. I just read this book, and it contributed to this TTT topic. Okay, so her crazy name is actually a joke in the book, but still, it had to be on this list.
6. Ember from Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love JLA, but Ember is a silly name. I mean, wouldn’t it have been more awesome to give a character with amazing abilities a really common name? What about Anna?
7. Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Patch? Isn’t that a dog’s name?
8. Jax Stone from Breathe by Abbi Glines. So Jax is a silly name on it’s own, but what makes his name completely ridiculous is that he is also a ROCK STAR! I mean, really? That’s his legal name. Jax Stone the Rock Star.
9. Tucker from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Tucker, but that name is definitely not my favorite. It’s just hard to be a grown man with the name Tucker, in my opinion. All I can think of is little boys causing mischief.
10. Tobey from When it Happens by Susane Colasanti. It’s same thing as with Tucker. To me it’s such a little boy’s name. Sorry!!