You guys, April from Good Books and Good Wine came across the best Blogging Challenge! And I’m totally participating because it is the best idea ever! Anyway, she came up with 15 challenges (one a day). You should totally participate, too! Here’s the cool graphic and challenges April put together.
So today I’m listing 15 book (and blog) related confessions! So, here goes:
1. I read the ending of books first. Not always, but if I am getting stressed over the fate of a character, I flip to the end to scope things out. And it never effects the way I feel about books.
2. I judge people negatively when they say they haven’t read Harry Potter. Not nice, and not fair, but seriously, why haven’t they read these totally amazing books!? (I never peeked at the ending of HP, though) 🙂
3. I like John Green’s Youtube videos more than his books. I’ve only read TFIOS and Paper Towns, and although I really liked them, they aren’t my favorite books. But his videos! And his brother’s videos! I just love them to pieces.
4. I have only told a few people I know in real life about my blog. I’m just so nervous to let them know about it, so I don’t. My family, and one of my best friends know, but that’s it.
5. I used to dog ear library book pages. I never dog ear any books now, but for awhile there, I was constantly doing it. I was too lazy to grab a book mark.
6. I get annoyed when people organize their books by color. I can understand when people organize by genre and whatnot. But by book color. Series are split up, and you have to remember what the cover looks like. Maybe it’s just the librarian in me, but really? Sure, it can look sort of interesting, but how is that useful? Oh wait, it’s not. (I hope I’m not offending anyone. If I am, I’m super sorry! I just don’t understand it 🙂 ).
7. I neglect housework regularly to read. Actually, I don’t really feel bad about this, so I’m not sure if it is a confession. Who’s with me on this one? 🙂
8. If I don’t like the main character, the chances of me liking the book are pretty much null.
9. Sometimes I like when the girl is rescued by the boy. I like tough, kick ass ladies, too. But sometimes I relate more to the girls who aren’t out to kick butt, because, you know, I’m kind of shy and avoid confrontation at all costs.
10. I like covers with girls in pretty dresses. I know some people are sick of that, and I can understand that, but my eyes are always drawn to covers with girls in pretty dresses.
11. I check out way more books from the library than I will ever be able to read. It’s sort of the “my eyes are bigger than my stomach” thing only related books instead of food. But I’m helping their circulation, so that is a plus, right?
12. Sometimes I get book envy when other bloggers get advanced copies of books that I am dying to read. I’m not proud, but I can’t help it.
13. I force my mom to read books sometimes. I’m usually pretty good about choosing books she’ll like. But I recommended the first Percy Jackson book, and she said it was boring! I got a little annoyed with her, because, seriously, Percy Jackson is not boring.
14. I’m not really into high fantasy. I will read it, but it’s never something I’m drawn too. I prefer low fantasy.
15. I have no problem DNFing a book. But sometimes I feel guilty that it’s so easy for me to give up on a book.
So, there are some of my book related confessions. Do you guys do similar things? What are your confessions?