I’m sort of shocked that today is the first day of 2015. It’s crazy how quickly time flies by when you get older. 2014 was not the best year for me, and I’m determined to have a better year in 2015. And with that thought, I was feeling like participating in some reading challenges. I really haven’t signed up for reading challenges before, but I am feeling like a challenge for 2015. Here are the challenges I am signing up for:
2015 Audiobook Challenge
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
I managed to listen to 50 audiobooks in 2014, which I think is totally awesome. I am going to keep the same goal for 2015, and am aiming for the My Precious Level. But, if I listen to more, hey that will leave me super happy.
The Re-Read Challenge 2015
This awesome challenge is hosted by Belle of the Literati and Hannah from So Obsessed With. I love re-reading, but I really just haven’t made time the last few years. Hopefully this challenge will get me into the re-reading groove.
The Re-Read Challenge Details
2. Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it’s a re-read.
3. We will have two giveaways – one at the six-month point and one at the end of the year. Giveaway details posted closer to the halfway point!
4. You don’t have to follow our blogs to participate or be entered in the giveaways.
2. Add the direct link to your sign-up post in the linky below.
3. Optional: Put the challenge button in your sidebar (grab link available at the bottom of the post).
4. DONE. It’s as easy as that to get started.
2. In the first week of each month, we will post a re-read recap on Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With that includes a linky that will be open all month. Write a post detailing what you re-read the last month, and add the direct link to our linky to be entered in our giveaways.
3. If you write any re-read reviews (it’s totally optional!), add those to the monthly linky for additional entries (one per post) in our giveways.
4. If you miss a monthly post, just link up your reviews and/or recap in the linky during the next month.
The Book Blogger Organization Challenge
- The Blog Organization Challenge will run from January 1st to June 30th. If all goes well, we’ll start all over in July (blog maintenance is constant!) and even add more things to work on because I know I won’t think of everything as we go along.
- Participants can join in at any time! It’s never too late to join. I have a linky for sign-ups below (no sign-up post is required but feel free to spread the word that you’re joining in!) and do whatever you can each month. Everyone is bound to have a busier day/week/month so just do what you can when you can! And don’t forget to grab the button!
- Feel free to make your own “mini-challenges”! I won’t be officially hosting any mini-challenges but if you have a discussion, how-to, or mini-challenge (past, present, or future), send me the link and I’ll include it in appropriate month’s post!
- Want to chat about it on social media? Use the hashtag #BlogOrganization! Find a buddy, grab some ideas, get motivation, ask questions… Sky’s the limit!
Brittany has a lot more information on her Intro post, so be sure to check that out (linked above). Brittany has already put out the January Goals.
Okay, so these are the challenges I am signing up for this year. I’m really excited about these, and I cannot wait to get started. And, of course, I will be participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge, but that is a little different, so I didn’t include it here. What challenges are you participating in?