I received this book for free from Edelweiss/Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Tough Love by Lori Foster
Series: Ultimate #3
Published by Harlequin on 08/25/2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
She's playing hard to get… to win the MMA fighter of her ultimate fantasies in a sultry new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster…
Vanity Baker loves a good, clean match, but she's not above playing a little dirty. She's wanted Stack "The Wolf" Hannigan from day one. Seems as though the best way to corral the famously commitment-phobic fighter is to insist on keeping it casual. And her plan works—deliciously well—until Stack's past steps out of the shadows.
Stack learned early to stay free of attachments. But with sexy, forthright Vanity, he's the one always left wanting more. Then his troublemaking family comes back into the picture, threatening everything Stack cares about—Vanity included. Suddenly he realizes they're much more than friends with benefits. He's ready to go to the mat for her…but will it be in time to protect the woman who's tamed him for good?
- I am just so in love with Lori Foster’s Ultimate series about a group of MMA fighters. Tough Love is a wonderful addition to this series. Stack fits in so well with the other fighters, and I love his devotion to help out his community.
- I love how Vanity figures out a way to get together with Stack. While she is hoping for more than a night together, she also realizes that this could be a possibility and she is okay with that.
- The chemistry between Stack and Vanity is a real thing! I could feel it jumping off the page.
- Stack’s relationships with his mother and sister are pretty sweet. He loves them, even when they drive him crazy.
- Stack’s sister was really interesting. It’s hard to understand why she stayed with her jerk husband, and how she would overuse the kindness of her mother and brother, but at the same time I could see how well-intentioned she was.
- I could also identify with Vanity’s need to stay near her best friend. She moved across the country to be near her BFF, and I could understand completely where she was coming from. She has no family, and wants to be near the people she is close with.
- Stack was a little annoying at the end there, but luckily he came to his senses pretty quickly. I love how the other members of the MMA gym all gave him a hard time when he was being an idiot, too.
- Vanity and Stack are not my favorite names ever. I thought they were kind of silly. But still, I really liked Tough Love.
- I CANNOT wait for Armie’s story. Thank goodness that’s coming up.