Series: Red Stone Security #8
Published by KR Press, LLC on April 28th 2014
Genres: Adult, Romance, Romantic Suspense
Book 8 in the USA Today bestselling Red Stone Security series…
As an heiress from a prominent family, Mina knows the pain of living under a microscope. Which is why she loves her sleepy Key West home where nobody knows her name. She’s determined to make her way without being coddled—and no mugging is going to change that.
Former Marine and newest Red Stone Security employee Alexander Blue has seen enough bloodshed to last a lifetime—or ten. He’s ready for civilian life, but when he sees a mysterious brunette attacked by a mugger, his need to protect kicks into overdrive. Mina, the sensual artist he saved, brings him home and bandages him up, but her gaze cuts clear to his soul. An intense connection isn’t all Blue feels—there was something strange about that mugging; he’s convinced Mina is in danger and needs his protection. Just one problem: Mina doesn’t want saving.
I have so been enjoying Katie Reus’s Red Stone Security series. They are fast-paced, romantic suspense novels. While they rarely stick with me, they have been great when I’m in a reading slump. Sinful Seduction was a pleasant addition to the series, but it isn’t the best.
What’s It About:
Sinful Seduction is about Alexander Blue, who works for Red Stone Security and is taking a little time off in Key West. And then he sees a woman being attacked on the street. That woman is Mina, the heroine of the story. And Blue decides he has to help her. And, of course, they get together.
What I Liked:
- Blue is total hero material. He immediately steps in to help Mina when she’s being attacked. And then, when we realizes that Mina is still in danger, he offers to help her out. Immediately. No hesitation. Such a good guy, right?
- Mina was an interesting character, and I definitely liked her. She’s from a super wealthy family, which has caused lots of issues for her. So now she’s trying to stay under the radar in Key West, and focusing on her art career, which is taking off.
- I did want Blue and Mina to be together. I liked their romance, although I did have some issues, too (see below).
- The Red Stone Security books are perfect for when I’m in a reading slump.
- The narrator, Sophie Eastlake, was a good storyteller.
What I Struggled With:
- I really love Katie Reus’s Red Stone Security series, but I have to say that when you read a lot of them back to back, they kind of run together. The plots are somewhat similar, and upon completion, I almost completely forget all the details.
- The suspense aspect was a bit of a let down. There was so much build up, but the “big showdown” was a little bit of a let down.
- While I did want Blue and Mina to get together, their romance didn’t get me in the feels. For whatever reason, I wasn’t completely invested.
I love Katie Reus’s Red Stone Security series. Sinful Seduction was a great read, but I liked other books in this series more.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: