Series: The Bennett Family #4
on November 8 2016
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Narrator: Lidia Dornet, Sebastian York
Reading Challenges: 2017 Audiobook Challenge, 2017 New To Me Challenge
*A sizzling friends-to-lovers romance from a USA TODAY BESTSELLING Author*
*This book is a standalone. Each book in The Bennett Family series will follow a different couple.*
Max Bennett is a successful man. His analytical mind has taken his family’s company to the next level. Outside the office, Max transforms from the serious business man into someone who is carefree and fun. He’s happy with his life and doesn’t intend to change it, even though his mother keeps asking for more grandchildren. Max loves being an uncle, and plans to spoil his nieces rotten.
But when a chance encounter reunites him with Emilia, his childhood best friend, he starts questioning everything. The girl he once knew has grown into a sensual woman with a smile he can’t get out of his mind.
Taking care of her sick grandmother, Emilia Campbell has a lot on her plate. Still, she faces everything with a positive attitude. When the childhood friend she hero-worshipped steps into her physical therapy clinic, she is over the moon. Max is every bit the troublemaker she remembers, only now he has a body to drool over and a smile to melt her panties. Not that she intends to do the former, or let the latter happen.
They are both determined not to cross the boundaries of friendship…at first. But as they spend more time together, they form an undeniable bond and their flirty banter spirals out of control.
Max knows Emilia is off-limits, but that only makes her more tempting. Besides, Max was never one to back away from a challenge.
When their chemistry becomes too much to resist and they inevitably give in to temptation, will they risk losing their friendship or will Max and Emilia find true love?
*This read is recommended for ages 18+ due to mature content.
I was perusing my library’s Hoopla site, looking for a new audiobook. I was in the mood for the fantastic narrator Sebastian York, so I searched his name and was looking at books he narrated. And one of those was Your Inescapable Love by Layla Hagen. It was a book I had never really heard of, but the premise looked interesting, so I borrowed it. And you guys, I liked this book so much. Your Inescapable Love combined with Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle, finally pushed my out of my reading slump and I am so damn happy about it.
What’s the Story:
Your Inescapable Love is about Max Bennett, who is part of a huge family (he has 8 other siblings) and works for his family’s successful Jewelry company. When Max was a kid he was best friends with Emilia Campbell, but when she was around 13 she moved away. Years later, who should he run into again? Emilia! They are so happy to finally see each other again, but they also can’t deny their attraction to each other. But Emilia has some issues, and a lot on her plate.
What I Liked:
- Max was such a sweetheart. I have talked before how I really struggle with asshole heroes, and Max was totally the opposite. He’s a hard worker, kind, sweet, loves his large and interfering family, and willing to help Emilia out anyway he can. Oh, and he’s gorgeous. What’s not to love?
- Emilia was wonderful, too. Her mother passed away when she was a little girl, and she was raised by her grandmother. But her grandmother has Alzheimer’s and requires a lot of extra care. Emilia wants her grandmother to stay with her, and while she does have a nurse to help when she’s working, it’s still a lot of stress taking care of her grandmother. But she does it, because she loves her, and that made me love Emilia.
- The romance was sweet and adorable, and practically angst free! I loved it. At first Emilia and Max were a little hesitant to start something romantic because they didn’t want to ruin their renewed friendship, but they realized that they couldn’t not see how things went. It was adorable. I loved them together so much.
- Max’s huge Bennett family was amazing. His brothers and sisters love to get nosy on each other’s lives, and it was adorable. I loved how they adopted Emilia into the family.
- Your Inescapable Love is narrated by two people: Sebastian York and Lidia Dornet. Lidia Dornet was a fine narrator, but of course, Sebastian York stole the show.
Things I Struggled With:
- Honestly, not much. I wish there were more chapters narrated by Sebastian York, because he is AMAZING.
- When we see Max and Emilia meet as children, I didn’t really think child would act that way. But that didn’t bother me much.
Your Inescapable Love by Layla Hagen is perfect when you want a sweet, adorable, low angst romance. The audiobook is particularly wonderful. It actually reminds me quite a bit of Bella Andre’s Sullivan series, which is never a bad thing.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: